This will also be a working document for now. Based on what matters to me, the goals and objectives I outline should be how I (or we as an organization) see us moving forward to make a difference.
What do I intend to set as goals for this corporation? Starting very broad but will narrow focus as this becomes more “together”.
- Establish a competitive path to ensure people get priority over corporations when it comes to clean water.
- Eliminate the need for plastic containers for water and other potables
- Provide avenues for spaces for TNR overnights and food storage along with transportation
This is a working document for now while I distill to the actual root of what this organization will be moving forward.
Things that matter to me (in the broad sense and no particular order).
- Clean water for everyone
- End pollution
- Less government involvement
- Better quality of life for all living creatures
- Providing income independence that frees people (Universal Basic Income or some iteration)
- Ending cruelty to children, animals (pets and non-pets)
- Promoting TNR, adoptions, and barn cat placement for at risk cats
- Free will and free choice
- Ending irrational fear
- Essentially operate as a not for profit. Payroll will be made along with admin costs, but any profits will go back into working on these ideas
At the beginning of this new journey, I started with, “What would I do if I were unemployed tomorrow.” I asked myself if I would like to continue to work as an I.T. contractor, which was the original goal of this corporation – I have been a contractor for many years and incorporated (S-Corp) due to a requirement of a very large client. That got a hard NO. While a great career path and something I have been involved with since 1980, I have become hyper-specialized in a proprietary system and have absolutely no desire to go back to school to learn more I.T. stuff. I used to be passionate about it, but not any more.
Then I asked myself, “What have I done in life that made me feel successful, that I was willing to really put myself out there for, and that I feel contributed to real and tangible benefit.
I answered myself with
- the local “Rally For Sanity” that I organized with the Daily Show crew to try to help elevate the national conversation
- the TSA protest when I proudly and peacefully stood outside metro-Airport with one other individual to say the erosion of our presumption of innocence and violation by our government were not acceptable
- Co-Founding the Ferndale Cat Shelter and Cafte Lounge
All three of those things – in addition to others – are moments I am proud of. All of them required that I put myself out there outside of my comfort zone (quite a bit) and none of them involved a hunger for money or power. Just the opposite.
I have had Third Wave Matrix, Inc. since 2006 but the past 3 or 4 years really haven’t done anything with it. There were a few lingering bills – like web hosting etc – that I just hadn’t shut down, but no real income or ambition. I almost let it dissolve. Over this year I have had a few epiphanies and decided just this week that I am not ready to do that. Instead, I want to relaunch and refocus. This time on ideas and goals that really matter to me. I won’t be one of those people that just complains online about the state of things without doing anything.
I am in the process of a complete change in mission, goals, and objectives. Stay tuned. As I go, I will be documenting and blogging about my journey – it won’t be perfectly formed commentary. Instead, it will be my personal letter to the world in hopes that what I do here will mean something, help some people (and some animals). In general, just making the world a better place.
Dreamer and ideator